Wednesday 25 April 2012

Amber Heard

Amber Heard Biography

Date of Birth
22 April 1986, Austin, Texas, USA 
Birth Name
Amber Laura Heard 
Height
5' 8" (1.73 m) 
Mini Biography
Amber Laura Heard was born in Austin, Texas on 22 April 1986. Her mother, Paige, worked for the state government and her father, David, was a successful commercial contractor.
She dropped out of high school at the age of 17 and moved to New York work as a model, but finding modeling unrewarding she moved again, this time to Los Angeles, to pursue a career in acting.
A variety of TV appearances and day-player work in movies led to bigger roles until her breakthrough role in North Country (2005). More movie appearances led to a leading role in the (cancelled) series "The Playboy Club" (2011) and a starring role opposite Johnny Depp in The Rum Diary (2011).
IMDb Mini Biography By: IMDb Editors 
Trade Mark
Often plays sexualized teenagers (Friday Night Lights (2004), Alpha Dog (2006), "Hidden Palms" (2007), Never Back Down (2008)).
Trivia
Has been named one of the most beautiful rising stars by Jane Magazine, shared with Kellan Rhude.
Ranked #21 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
Father's name is David Heard - a successful commercial contractor in Austin, Texas.
Has two sisters.
Has a golden teacup Yorkie dog named Pistol, who was featured alongside Heard for Teen Vogue's "Young Hollywood" issue in October 2009.
Ranked #13 on Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
In December 2010 she "came out" to the crowd at the 25th anniversary celebration for GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation). She also told the website afterellen.com that for several years, her romantic partner has been photographer Tasya van Ree.
Dropped out of school at the age of 17, to go to New York to start a career in modeling, she then relocated to Los Angeles to get into acting.
At the age of 16, her best friend died in a car crash and Heard, who was raised Catholic, subsequently declared herself an atheist, due to the influence of the works of Ayn Rand and George Orwell.
Ranked #34 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
Ranked #25 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
Good friends with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Voted #35 on Ask men's top 99 'most desirable' women of 2012.
Personal Quotes
I've worked really hard to bring something more to "pretty girl" roles over the years. I consider it a challenge.
[on transitioning from modeling to acting] My father persuaded me to take classes, and my first agent in Austin paid for them. I'd always wanted to be an actress. I did it in high school and fell in love with it, but I was distracted by the modeling industry because I wanted to travel and get out of my hometown. It was the easier ticket.
[on supposedly "coming out"] - First of all, to say I came out implies that I was once in. Let me be straight about that - no pun intended. I never came out from anywhere... It didn't really affect anything in my career. I don't think the producers and directors I've worked with care one way or another... I don't want to be labeled as one thing or another. In the past I've had successful relationships with men, and now I'm in this successful relationship with a woman. When it comes to love I am totally open. I don't want to be put into a category, as in 'I'm this' or 'I'm that.'
[on her The Rum Diary (2011) character] I liked the juxtaposition - I liked that she looks like this archetype of a leading lady, this 1950s housewife-in-the-making, the kind of iconic symbol of a woman at that time, this commodity or something that represents the elite status or rather, what the elite status strives to obtain in life or what they value in life and she kind of looks like that, superficially and represents all these things very well on the surface but yet is not that underneath - she's flawed and kind of vulnerable and fiercely independent and rebellious and I relate to a lot of those qualities and like that she's not what she looks like.
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard
Amber Heard + Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Amber Heard Hearts Johnny Depp
Amber Heard Is Gay! Autostraddle Does The GLAAD 25th Anniversary Blue Carpet
Amber Heard ~ Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment