Wednesday 25 April 2012

Anna Faris

Anna Faris Biography

Date of Birth
29 November 1976, Baltimore, Maryland, USA 
Birth Name
Anna Kay Faris 
Height
5' 5" (1.65 m) 
Mini Biography
Anna started acting very young but, of course, not professionally. She loved watching plays and eventually produced her own with all the neighborhood children. She was always encouraged with the emphasis that she wasn't just "pretending" but rather being an unpaid producer, director, writer and actor.
Her first paid job was at the Seattle Repretory theatre at age nine. She loved it and did other local plays and readings. After graduating from the University of Washington in English Literature, she decided to leave for London to work and write, but after filming (the less than wonderful) Lovers Lane (2000) and a short for the Seattle Film Festival, she decided to give Los Angeles a try. She signed with up with a wonderful management agency and before, she could catch her breath, Keenen Ivory Wayans casted her in Scary Movie (2000).
She never takes anything for granted and just feels so very fortunate to have been given a chance.( An example was her trying to thank all the journalists and photographers that came to the New York premiere.)
IMDb Mini Biography By: Karen Faris (Mother), Todd C. & Miles of T.U.A.F.E. 
Spouse
Chris Pratt (9 July 2009 - present)
Ben Indra (3 June 2004 - 19 February 2008) (divorced)
Trivia
Is a natural blonde. She dyed her hair black during the production of Scary Movie (2000) and Scary Movie 2 (2001) so she could give her character, "Cindy Campbell", a "Neve Campbellish-look".
Her parents are Karen and Jack Faris. Has one brother named Robert.
Was rated #57 on the Maxim Hot 100 of 2004 list.
Graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in English Literature
Of Scottish, Irish, English, German, and French descent.
Spoofs Charlie's Angels (2000) in two films: first, in Scary Movie 2 (2001), as Cindy Campbell, (poking fun at Drew Barrymore's chair escape scene) and again in Lost in Translation (2003), as starlet Kelly (in the press conference for her action movie with "Keanu").
Grew up in Edmonds, Washington.
Had only done dramatic plays/films, before she got her role in Scary Movie (2000).
Engaged to Chris Pratt [January 29, 2009].
Was recommended for the role of Erica on "Friends" (1994) by Matthew Perry who was a fan of her work in Lost in Translation (2003).
Is a fan of Parker Posey.
Is two years older than Topher Grace who plays her twin brother in Take Me Home Tonight (2011).
She has a degree in English Literature from the University of Washington.
Not related to Sean Faris.
Grew up in the same neighborhood as her The House Bunny (2008) co-star, Katharine McPhee, but never met until filming began.
Met husband Chris Pratt on the set of Take Me Home Tonight (2011).
Voted No. 44 on the 2011 Maxim list "Hot 100" women.
She is also a singer.
Is of Scottish, French, German, Irish and English descent.
Has one brother, Robert, who is a sociologist.
Her mother is a former special education instructor and her father is a sociologist.
Anna and her husband, Chris Pratt, each had a dead bug collection before they met and they have since combined their collections.
Personal Quotes
I try to keep my head on straight and take nothing for granted.
I don't really like to go out to clubs or anything. It's just not my style. I'd much rather go to a dive bar or a local place. I just don't love feeling awful, having to tell people, "Hi, yeah, I was in Scary Movie (2000). Do you mind if we come in?" I mean, it's so awkward.
I never imagined being able to make money from acting - and now I can.
They've [the Scary Movie series] given me a career but they've also sort of boxed me in. What really surprised me when I first moved here is that the industry thought of actors as either comedic or dramatic. And I'm still confused. I understand that maybe some people are better at one or the other, but I can't understand why it's so divided. I've been able to chip away at that a bit; I think it gets easier as my body of work expands.
Blythe Danner is somebody whose career I admire. She's a great actress and does good work, but also has a life of her own. I love my job but, at the end of the day, I want to come home and watch a movie and drink a bottle of wine with my husband.
[on doing another Scary Movie (2000) sequel] After Scary Movie 3 (2003), I was like, 'no I'm done,' but then I had so much fun making [Scary Movie 4 (2006)] that I think that I would. I would definitely be open to doing it.
I was never the class clown or anything like that. When I was growing up and doing theatre in Seattle I was always doing very dramatic work. Now I can't get a dramatic role to save my life!
Where Are They Now
(November 2003) Filming a number of episodes of "Friends" (1994) in which she plays a guest role, giving up her baby for Chandler (Matthew Perry) and Monica (Courteney Cox) to adopt.
(December 2005) Filming Scary Movie 4 (2006).
(September 2009) Attended Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) premiere and going on "Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (2003).
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
Anna Faris
T Screen Test Films : Screen Test: Anna Faris
Anna Faris - Just Friends
Anna Faris The House Bunny Clips
Anna Faris Barefoot Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment